Hair analysis has traditionally been used in forensic science. Analysts examine several characteristics of a hair sample under a microscope, usually comparing hair taken from the crime scene, which may be home, vehicle, or any suspect content, to a known sample. Hair exhibits have greater chances of getting exchanged during any crime, such as murder, sexual offense, accidents, theft, etc.
Services Our Organization Provides:
- Examining whether the detected material is hair or not
- Examining whether hair is that of human or animal
- Determining the physical properties of hair
- Examining whether the hair relates to a specific person
- From what part of the body hair originated
- How the hair got separated from the body
- Hair tip examination
- Determining the race of the person to whom the separated hair belong
- Determining the origin of hair
- Extracting DNA from the suspected hair sample and the known hair sample
- Comparing the suspected hair sample to the known hair sample
- Examination of the hair found in the hand of the killed person
- Examination of the hair found sticking to the suspected instruments.
- Examination of the victim's hair found on the vehicle involved in the accident